Monday, December 18, 2006

update from Victoria

I want to thank Chris for doing such a fabulous job in updating this blog all the time for me. He caught me in moment of 5 minutes of free time and it was up and ready to type. I am anxious about Wednesday's ultrasound in Philly. After last week's good news, I am worried as we get closer to Wednesday, that news might change. I am also anxious because this time of year is my busy season and a major project I have been working on since May is coming to a close on 1/1 and the customer is finding lots of issues at the last minute. As you can imagine, I am not as focused as usual, and all of these appointments keep me out of the office a fair amount of time, which keeps perpetuating the backlog at work issue.
For those of you who haven't seen me in the last few weeks, my belly has officially "popped". I would say that is an understatement. I feel as big as I did when I delivered Brianna. My stomach hurts from all the growing and stretching, and the night time heartburn is to the bad phase where it wakes me up every 2 hours and sometimes accompanied by vomiting.
Brianna has been so inquisitive about her new sister. Each day she asks us how big is the baby today. We try to compare the size to other objects of the same size. Tonight she said she wanted her sister out now. I think it is hard for a 3yo to understand that a live baby is really growing inside me and will "pop" out of me. Then the reality that she is no longer the only child getting mommy and daddy's undivided attention will set in... and we thought we had big fits now.
I would like to thank everyone for all the prayers, healing thoughts and positive energy and support being sent our way. It is felt and appreciated greatly.

No comments: